Facility Siting is a required component of the Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) element of Process Safety Management (PSM) and addresses hazards to occupied buildings from explosion, fire and toxic releases. API RP-752 is the leading industry guidance for Facility Siting and includes a requirement to develop and implement a hazard mitigation plan. Some companies are already implementing mitigations through capital improvements, others are in the planning/evaluation phase, and some have not yet begun to develop a mitigation plan of action.
This webinar, delivered by our Advanced Engineering team, provides an overview of the remediation planning and implementation process. Join as we discuss the mitigation options that are available, such as process changes, building upgrades, occupancy changes and automated shutdown, as well as the following:
- Setting priorities for scheduling remediation actions (e.g., risk ranking, consequence impacts, coordination with other projects, etc.)
- Occupied building upgrades used to improve protection of occupants from explosion, fire and toxic hazards
- Use of conceptual designs and budgetary cost estimating as part of the decision-making process
- Examples of building upgrades that have been successfully implemented and a range of associated costs
- Lessons learned from past remediation projects