Why API Testing Is Critical for Your API Attack Surface
Dependence on APIs for applications and B2B communications is rapidly increasing. According to Gartner, 90% of web applications now have a larger attack surface exposed via APIs than through the user interface.
An enormous API attack surface can present a security risk to your organization. APIs, like web applications or other assets, should receive targeted penetration testing in addition to other types of API security solutions.
In this white paper, we explain:
- Why APIs are growing so rapidly
- How API vulnerabilities can be exploited by attackers
- What types of security solutions exist for APIs
- How offensive security testing (or pentesting) applies to API security
- What effective API testing looks like